A full week

4.07.2011

No matter how much I try to prepare beforehand, the last few days before a big trip is always chaotic for me. Is that for everyone else too?

Although this week has been chaotic, to say the least, it's been really fun as well. As mentioned before, Mark's friend, Davis, & his girlfriend, Susie, were visiting for a few days. They left Friday morning, so the last five evenings have been spent hosting and showing them around the beautiful city that we love oh-so-much. During the day, they explored on their own while Mark and I worked (or more like ran errands and wrote articles...that's "working" right?)

[Wednesday night dinner]
DSC_0580

[On the bus to Gangnam]
DSC_0583

[Mark's delicious home-cooked meal for Thursday night]
DSC_0601

DSC_0602

[A feast...thanks Mark!]
DSC_0600

On Wednesday, Jamie and I went to Dongdaemun on a mission: we're making something for our friends for our weekend at Coachella and we needed to buy all the materials for it (I can't tell you what it is because it's a surprise, but after next week, I'll post some pictures of it). But, of course, with Jamie, any day together becomes a day of exploring, so aside from Dongdaemun, we went shopping at this AMAZING warehouse-like area, filled with secondhand clothes and best of all, with secondhand prices :)

DSC_0575

[Spring=great fruit]
DSC_0573

[Mid-day snack]
DSC_0576

On Thursday, I went over to Jamie's place to start making what we're making. Although the process was quite tedious, watching episodes of Doug and the movie Hot Rod made it a perfect remedy for a rainy day and lots of sewing (that's the only hint!). And we're happy to say, the end result of our secret project is turning out wonderfully! I even tested mine out last night at dinner ;)

Anyway, I can't believe it's already Sunday. Suddenly, I have a huge (and growing) list of things to do before I take off on Tuesday. I doubt I'll accomplish everything, but it's going to be a heck of a time trying!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend...soon, I'll be seeing you in person :-D Until then, bisous xoxo

No comments :