seeing the world through rose-tinted glasses.

1.20.2010

I've officially moved back to my house in Newport Beach, but I can't say I'm settled. It's a slow process lugging things from Anaheim to Newport, finding my miscellaneous items in the blackhole of a garage my family has, and being too broke to buy cute things for my bedroom. However, there's a lot of DIY (do-it-yourself) projects that are all over the blogosphere that I can do too! In fact, I've already started one project: pom poms! They're so cute and easy to make...if you want to know how, go here.

I've made about 4 or 5 to randomly place around my room...on the window sill, in between blinds, hanging from my light chain, etc.

But other than that, my decorations are nonexistent. I have a wonderful duvet cover that I got as a gift from Anthropologie and when I sleep on it, I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. Each night, I quickly sink into a dreamless, deep sleep as I warmly float across the sky :)

I really need to "nest" it up. It's my home for 6 months! And coming from an almost-display-window-of-Anthropologie apartment in France, my room has big shoes to fill. That is why I've decided that my room will become my French oasis. It will be cozy (fluffy duvet...check!), chic, and oh-so-francais.

[so magical]

[I wish. I love the bursts of color against the gritty backdrop]

[The French--especially in urban areas--like simplicity.
For me, I'd rather be defined by books. Not shoes]

[on my nightstand please?]

If I can't have it all, then I'll settle for this...any day.


I mean, c'mon, who hasn't wanted to live in a treehouse since childhood??? If only I could detach my room and place it on a tree...

Actually, I'd probably float away in a tornado with California's crazy weather this week!

1 comment :

Candice. said...

love love love these inspirational photos. Especially, the tree house.

In time, all will come together perfectly. <3