[Mr. and Mrs. Mondays] One Year Anniversary!

6.03.2013

Last night we strolled. That perfect kind of stroll. The one without a destination, effort, or any semblance of speed.

"Was this a long year? Or a short 1st year of marriage," Liz asked.

I kind of cocked my head to the side, dove back into my memories of June 2nd, 2012; our wedding day. It felt like yesterday, of course. Good memories always do. Then my mind buzzed through 12 months of jammed packed life. Fulfilling life. Challenging life. Giggle filled life. And frustration filled life.

"It was long...But really good," I said back.

She smirked. Her arm slid, or wrapped more-like-it, around my arm. We interlocked fingers. Her head cozily landed on my shoulder. And then the we changed the subject.

In summary, this last year saw me be a full-on PE teacher (whistle n' all), Liz make more money than me while working a quarter of the hours and us make some life-long friends.

And oh yeah, we started an online magazine that in five months has had over 18,000 hits.

By all estimation, we had an incredible first year of marriage. But to us, that is all secondary to what really happened...

...we became a team.

Equally important in a vast array of capacities, we can't do anything without the other person there to support, suggest, surrender or snuggle when a decision is being made. And as any athlete will tell you, the best teams are the teams that trust one another.

I love my wife, and I always will. She makes me better than I could have ever been on my own. Imagine waking up to most attractive, intelligent, driven, stable and loving person you know. That is my regular morning routine.

To be honest, I look at the rest of life and smile because of this woman. She is, has been, and will always be my most beloved.



3 comments :

estefs said...

Love, love, love the Rattos. You guys are a blessing to many & I am so honored to be a witness!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful :) I can't believe the wedding was a year ago. You two make such a beautiful and inspiring couple!! Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

Sharon.Mom.Granny.Aunt Sharon said...

Congratulations my Ratto's! I am so blessed to be your mom, as you two are beautiful people. And I am excited about your next 60 years...they are going to be awesome!