Seoul Photo Club

1.16.2012

One day, Mark had the ingenious idea of creating a photo club, where we'd go on special photo shoot outings with some of our photographer friends. One friend in particular, Michael, knows a lot about photography and he's always open to new adventures, so his contribution to the group has been invaluable with tons of amazing tips & suggestions that we wouldn't be able to receive from a regular class.

Also, three of us (myself included) got brand new cameras, which has given the photo outings more significance since we can devote entire days to playing with our cameras. So far, we've had two meetings and they've been so much fun. Although I'm usually exhausted at the end of the night, I find myself eagerly anticipating the next one.

[This was taken at the beginning of our night, over a rail, on top of a mall, looking over the city.
It was dangerous, thrilling and a beautiful moment...a perfect way to start our adventure!]
Photobucket
[6/366]

At first, I was hesitant to climb over that rail...the idea of voluntarily putting myself in a situation where I accidentally plunge to my death (especially with only 5 months left 'til the wedding) seemed less than ideal. But the worry was quickly forgotten. Moments after I took this picture, I climbed over. Mark, on the other hand, remained worried and was sure to hold on to all of our coattails...just in case.

Photobucket

[Inconspicuously making our way to the rooftop of the shopping mall.]
Photobucket

[Jamie & her G12]
Photobucket

[Our challenge for the night was to take a portrait of a stranger.
It was intimidating to ask complete strangers, but the result was fantastic.]
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

[My favorite of the night.]
Photobucket

I know I haven't listed all of my 2012 resolutions, but one of them was to be creative in as many ways as possible. So far, so good.

No comments :