Birthday Fun!

12.20.2011

Last month, I celebrated my last birthday as a "single" (in the legal, file-your-taxes term)! And while that has nothing to do with what I did for my birthday, I just thought it would be fun to share :)

This birthday was the mellowest (and most fun) birthdays I've had since high school; I think this means I'm growing up. We started with a late lunch at Vatos Tacos, my friend's new restaurant in Itaewon. After a margarita, numerous tacos, taquitos and kimchi-carne-asada fries, we made our way to the lantern festival on the Cheongyecheong River. It was extremely packed with people for miles and miles, but we had a lot of fun oohing and aahing at all the beautiful lanterns.

Finally, we ended the evening with dinner at an old traditional makgeolli restaurant, which is supposedly owned by a famous actor (I couldn't tell you who though). My birthday was perfect and just want I wanted: a relaxing and intimate day spent with good company.

[Let's start with the food.]
Photobucket

Photobucket

[Carne Asada Tacos]
Photobucket

[Galbi Tacos]
Photobucket

[Quesadillas]
Photobucket

[Now, let's get to the people who made it special.]
Photobucket

[Charlotte]
Photobucket

[Hannah]
Photobucket

[Lee Ann & Jamie]
Photobucket

[And last but not least, Michael & Mark!]
Photobucket

[Vatos, baby]
Photobucket

[We made it on the wall of fame!]
Photobucket

[On our way to the lantern festival.]
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

[And ending at the makgeolli restaurant.]
Photobucket

Photobucket


Like I said, a great night. Unfortunately, Mark's videos of our shenanigans were deleted when the memory card got damaged, so you can't see just what we were up to. But to give you a glimpse of us goofs, we spent the entire time at the makgeolli place trying to move a piece of paper by slapping ourselves. Yeah, it works.


By the way, I never responded to all the birthday love on my Facebook wall, but if you were one of those people, THANK YOU! By the time I had a chance to reply, it was already a week later, so I decided to forego it. But seriously, thank you for all the love, even from the other side of the world. 

1 comment :

Mark said...

That was an awesome day.