And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

11.03.2010

I didn't get the job at the Korea Herald. Although I was pretty bummed out at first, Mark helped shed some light on the situation. He said, "To be completely honest, I don't think you would have liked that job--sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, copy-editing someone else's work. It was an easy way to make money but that's all."

He couldn't be more right.

Although freelancing isn't as steady as a full-time job, it could really provide an opportunity for me to have an open schedule while still writing and getting paid for it. Also, I had another interview this morning. Perhaps nothing is set in stone yet, but at least life continues to present itself with positive surprises :)

On a lighter note, I am moving into my apartment this weekend. Friday is the first official day I can get in, so my dad is driving down in the morning with some household items to give me. I purposely kept my weekend open so that I could get situated and begin decorating my little humble abode.

I'm not a decorator in any shape or form but I'm a fan of pretty things and the blogosphere has proven itself to be the best source of home-decor inspiration. My apartment is small, so I need to maximize my space while channeling the vintage/eclectic style that I am such a fan of in a budget-friendly way. Here are a few wonderful yet economical ideas:

[Not very practical but an awesome idea]
Photobucket

[Fairy lights are the perfect way to make a small room feel magical]
Photobucket

[I absolutely love the idea of pops of red...it's unexpected and fun!]
Photobucket

[A little inspiration board is a must of ongoing creativity]
Photobucket
via A Cup of Joe

Anyway, I hope all of you are having a wonderful Wednesday!

Until next time, bisous xoxo

1 comment :

Simply Tanya said...

Mark is very right! It would have been great to get a job but you need something that you can thrive in and maybe that is just around the corner! I'm glad you have a good attitude about it.

The girls are going out tonight for my birthday and I wish you were here with us. Miss you!