Fridays are the BEST

7.12.2008

My friends Nick and Eric and myself don't have to work on Fridays so it's a great time to explore the city. Yesterday was no different. We decided to go to the Smithsonian and the National Geographic Museum which is located right next to our apartments. The National Geographic Museum was really cool--they had a Chinese exhibit which was very interesting and informative. I learned a lot just by reading the little signs. My favorite part of that museum were all the neat photographs. The photography was amazing...serving as an inspiration to my photography career ;-)

After that, we jumped on the Metro to the Smithsonian and made our way to the Museum of Natural History and the Air and Space Museum. I had been to the Museum of Natural History before but I was so tired to experience and appreciate it at the time, so I thought it was a great opportunity to re-experience it. It is a super fun and educational experience. I love seeing the fossils of dinosaurs and marine life dated back to forever ago. Plus, they have cool stuff like the Hope Diamond.


After that, we headed over to the Air and Space Museum. This is one that I have not been to before but it was a lot of fun! Again, a great place to go to learn and have fun...They had all kinds of airplane models and space ship stuff. I really know NOTHING about space and planes and engines so needless to say, I learned a lot while we were there. They had IMAX movies but it cost money and when you're on a $20 budget like me, you have to pass it up :-)

After that, we decided to head home until we heard some jazz coming from the garden of the National Gallery of Art. We walked in and found out that there was jazz and lots of people too! It was in the area I rested my feet last time...except now, there were A LOT more people just relaxing and enjoying the music. I enjoyed it sooo soo much. Eric decided to get some yummy spinach dip and later, we met up with my suite mate and her boyfriend and my other 2 roommates.


I love running into nice little surprises like the jazz in the garden. Apparently, it happens every Friday and it's a very popular event in DC. I'll probably be making my way over there frequently. It's a great place to wind down and have some alone time.

Until next time...

<3

No comments :