[Mr. and Mrs. Monday] Q & A

5.27.2013

On Sunday, Mark & I, along with three other couples, partook in a fireside-chat-slash-Q&A session regarding marriage. Our church consists mainly of 20- and 30-somethings who are largely single. At our particular campus alone, there are only four married couples, and the longest married couple has only been married for three years.

Anyway, we didn't know what to expect. But as we went through it, I couldn't help but smile at some of our answers.


Q. Describe a moment when you knew he/she was a keeper.

A. Mark - The first night we met, a group of 8 or 9 of us went to In-N-Out. Me being the older, more experienced one, I told everyone to sit down because this one was on me. Liz stayed in line with me and as I paid for the order, they told me my card had declined. I was so embarrassed, but Liz just said, "I got it," and handed over her card. When we sat down, I thought for sure she was going to tell everyone what just happened. But she didn't. And I thought, "Wow, that's really cool."

Elysabeth - On our second or third date, we were in the car, listening to music. Mark was really pompous about his music back then, listening to indie bands that I had never heard of. As I went through his iPod, the only song I knew was Aladdin's "A Whole New World." I began playing it, and as I sang softly to myself, Mark suddenly belts out Aladdin's line: I can show you the world / Shining, shimmering, spleeeeeeeeendid! We just had so much and he wasn't embarrassed by anything.

Q. How has your relationship changed after marriage?

A. Mark - On a very basic level, we just have a lot of fun together. Like, we have a lot of fun together. And it's amazing. On a deeper level, our relationship revolves around our own relationship with God. It's incredible to see how as we draw closer to God, we become even closer to each other.


I know there were a lot more, but I can't remember them. There's a recording of it somewhere, so if I'm feeling brave enough, perhaps I'll post it on here for you to listen to. But there's a snippet of some of the questions & answers.

I'm always blown away by just how much our relationship has transformed, and how deep our love for each other continues to grow. As we're nearing our one-year anniversary (in a week!), I can't help but think this has been our greatest year so far. And yet, we know that our best days are still ahead of us :)

xoxo,
Elysabeth

1 comment :

Sharon.Mom.Granny.Aunt Sharon said...

The Lord has a very special task for you two and you are both prepared to do what he is preparing. You are very blessed.