It's getting hot in hurrr!

6.19.2011

It's official. Korea's weather sucks. Winter was brutal. Summer is brutal. And while spring is beautiful, I've learned that it only lasts for a total of 4 days.

In eight months worth of blog posts, I whined and complained about how cold it was. Now, out of nowhere, it's hot. Uncomfortably hot. Unbearably hot. Stinkin' hot. And the best part of it all? It's just the beginning! (insert sarcastic smile here)

I know it's going to get much, much worse, so it's kind of pointless to start complaining about it now. But I just can't help it. When I take Molly out for a bathroom break, I'm sticky and oily within minutes.

Thankfully though, the nights are beautiful. It's warm but not hot and everyone's just...happier. Last weekend, Mark said, "Who knew Seoul would become a completely different city in the summer?" And he's absolutely right--everyone's smiling, wearing tank tops, having fun, running around...it's just better.

So I guess the point is this: sure, the weather stinks but if it lifts the city's spirits even just a little bit, I'm willing to grin and bear it :) Wouldn't you?

Here's what I mean...

As the weather heats up, more and more people hang out at the infamous park in Hongdae. That means awesome people watching, more street performances and spontaneous flute solos :)


No comments :