And we're back!

1.09.2011

After a week-long hiatus, I'm finally back and ready to blog! I'm ready to start this year off with a bang albeit 10 days later :)

For starters, News Years Eve was wonderful. I had Friday the 31st off, so I left for Busan on Thursday night. The whole weekend was about relaxation and the only "work" required was waking up at 5 a.m. on January 1st to watch the sunrise, which is hardly work at all. My dad's office looks over the ocean and to see the sun peaking out over the water and through the branches was absolutely spectacular. I foolishly left my camera in Seoul, but I was able to snag a few pictures from my brother's iPod touch to show you guys. But in reality, any picture (whether professional or not) cannot do this justice. Of all the "you had to be there" moments, this tops them all. Enjoy!

[Around 6:30 a.m.]
IMG_0215

[It was FREEZING!]
IMG_0216

IMG_0224

IMG_0228

[Kimchi for breakfast]
IMG_0236

[Tteokguk, rice cake soup, is a traditionally eaten on New Years]
IMG_0235

IMG_0237


Mark came back from Thailand in one piece on Monday (thank God!), so that evening, we went to dinner and caught up. I can't wait for him to post pictures and blog about his experience in Thailand because it sounds pretty awesome. I'll let you know when that blog post goes up.

The rest of the week was spent working and trying to winter-proof my home. I was shocked by November's utility bill, so I made it a goal to find creative ways to stay warm without having to use my heater. I bought a heating pad for my bed as well as a little space heater for my feet at my desk. I also got some plastic sheets to cover my windows since the windows turn into a gigantic fridge when the temperature drops. Apparently these sheets are supposed to insulate the heat and keep the cold out but I don't think it's working out too well. But I'm pleased with how warm I've stayed without using the heater. I'm sure when the weather gets even colder, I'll cave in and use the heater, but until then, I'm staging a rebellion against it ;)

In light of the new year, I also purchased an iPhone. I figured that with my job and the constant emailing we do back and forth, it wouldn't be a bad idea to finally become a smartphone user. By having email on the go, I can leave my apartment without feeling guilty and somewhat nervous that I might miss an important email.

And lastly, despite neglecting my blog last week, I've put a lot of thought into what I'm going to write in light of the end of 2010 and the start of 2011. I still haven't come to a decision yet, so I'll just leave you with this: I'm absolutely positive that 2011 will be defined by change and big crossroads that will undoubtedly be difficult but rewarding all at the same time. I can't wait!

Until next time everyone, bisous xoxo!

No comments :